Spinal adjustments, also known as chiropractic adjustments, are techniques used by chiropractors to manipulate the spine in order to correct misalignments and improve function. The goal of a spinal adjustment is to restore proper motion and alignment to the spinal joints, which can help reduce pain, improve range of motion, and improve overall function.
There are several benefits to spinal adjustments, including:
- Pain relief: Spinal adjustments can help alleviate pain in the back, neck, and other areas of the body by correcting misalignments and restoring proper function to the spine.
- Improved mobility: Spinal adjustments can help improve range of motion and flexibility, making it easier to move and perform daily activities.
- Enhanced athletic performance: Spinal adjustments can help improve posture, balance, and coordination, which can enhance athletic performance.
- Stress reduction: Spinal adjustments can help reduce stress on the nervous system, which can lead to a sense of relaxation and well-being.
- Improved overall health: By improving the function of the spine, spinal adjustments can help improve overall health and well-being.
It’s important to note that spinal adjustments should only be performed by a trained and licensed chiropractor. If you’re interested in trying spinal adjustments, it’s important to speak with a chiropractor to determine if it’s an appropriate treatment for your needs.